5 Component Fiber-Optic LDA System
Located in 15A Randolph Hall
Developed by Dr. R. L. Simpson and Dr. S. Olcmen
Used in turbulent boundary layer research under sponsorship from
ONR, AFOSR and NASA
1. Probe head used align and project the laser beams into the
2. The probe head in operation showing the laser beams being
directed through the wind tunnel floor.
3. Beams emerging from the wind tunnel floor and crossing at
the measurement volume.
(Note the additional mirrors used to direct beams across the
4. Optical table containing the laser tubes, Bragg cells,
mirrors and fiber couplers.
5. Optical table in operation showing the laser-beam paths.
6. Schematics of the probe assembly.
7. Other Views